CATS Testing

 

Brick Paver Program

 

Find us on Facebook


 

Home
Our Collection
Programs


Restoration Projects
How You Can Help
About Us
Contact Us
Clow Airport
Fox Valley F. C.

 

Museum Hours:

Saturdays,
10:00 am to 2:00 pm.
Other times by appointment.

Interested in a group tour?
Email us for
tour information.

 

Home

 

 

Our History

What is now Bolingbrook Clow International Airport was built originally in the late 1950’s by Oliver Boyd Clow so he could fly his treasured 1948 Model A Navion airplane.  This little grassy airstrip with humble beginnings was replaced in the 1970’s with a 50- by 3400-foot lighted asphalt runway, and in 1973, became a commercial airport with the name Clow International Airport.



Aerial View of Clow International Airport

In 1989, Clow was named the best privately owned, public-use airport in Illinois, and in 1998, the thriving little airport was sold to developer Joe DePaulo.  In 2004, the airport was acquired by the Village of Bolingbrook and became Bolingbrook’s Clow International Airport.  Plans now include expansion and improvements to the runways and airport facilities.

There are currently over 70,000 landings and take-offs each year, making it one of the most widely used general aviation airports in Illinois.

In the year 2004, Clow also became home to the Illinois Aviation Museum. 



Copyright Illinois Aviation Museum at Bolingbrook 2005-2014.  All Rights Reserved.
Website Development by
WordCrafters, Inc.